Monday, September 17, 2018

Poem for her 648

Dear Readers,


You

Standing there in the chill of late winter
The car still warm and cooling fast
The parking lot almost empty
I can see you standing over there
I think
Is that her
I take in the shape and smile
Thin
Thick coat
Blonde hair
Oh wow that is her

Standing there in the parking lot
Blonde hair in the shade of my van
I am just noticing for the first time
Those yarn X's on your shoulders
I am heard to say so on the video
I get in close and
Thin
Your hand isn't shaking
You are so awesome
I can't breath
I kiss you off camera
As I have turned it off
Wanting to be near you

Standing there in a picnic place's parking lot
We look about as we see a new place
Never been to before
Never planned on
It was listed on a map
We had never traveled through
Be this the tenth trip
Or the 90th
We are standing
Looking about
At the world
Through our soul


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home