Thursday, August 29, 2019

Poem for her 829

Dear Readers,


The things I saw on Mullen Street today.


There I was walking with an old friend
Well he is younger than me
And younger than my cat like Babe,
We had stopped to take a rest break on some steps
Then I wanted to go back again
The came such a rush of wings
Fluffy lurking birds chirped
Then out of the talons of an eagle
The package arrive
The Eagle settled to the ground
Then he looked at me and said
Hey Charles next time you leave home
And forget your book bag
Please just have the invisible
Elephants bring it to you
It had to be You
I said to my friend
I want you to meet
Rhonda Stewart She has heard
About a famous book bag
Floated down from eagle's wings
To her delight
The Eagle had some bird's opinions
They must have just talked the day away
Her emails were handled when she turned
To see how many left to do, a post it
Note on computer screen
This bird can talk
So be sure you get his
Alfred the Sea Gull signature
My cat called Babe
Was in the conversation too
Just not quite yet
She will get here in a bit
And we will just lick each other's ear


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home